RECIPE: STRAWBERRY CHAMPAGNE ICE POPS
This gem of a recipe was inspired by Wimbledon Tennis, strawberries, champagne and balmy summer days. It’s refreshing, tantalizing and a little bit naughty. It is an easy to make summer dessert and a perfect ice breaker at any summer gathering. Grab your shopping bag, get the ingredients and make this crowd pleaser!
YOU WILL NEED:
(makes 6 pops) Easy to make
- 500g fresh strawberries, stalks removed and sliced
- 125ml good quality strawberry conserve
- 250ml champagne or sparkling wine
- Good quality ice pop moulds – I used Zoku Classic Pop Moulds
- A blender or liquidiser
Blend the sliced strawberries with the strawberry conserve.
Leave a few sliced strawberries to add to the pops, this looks pretty and adds texture.
Slowly add the champagne, taste to see if it’s sweet enough and add more conserve if needed.
Place 3-4 strawberry slices to each pop mould and pour the pureed strawberry champagne mixture into each mould. Freeze for at least 6 hours.
This is the perfect summer treat to serve at any social gathering, but works especially well when served at barbecues, ladies lunches, brunches or as fun aperitif before or after a meal!
- For a healthy option, replace the champagne with cloudy apple juice and omit the strawberry conserve.
- Any fruit could be used instead of strawberries: blackberries, blueberries, peaches,mangoes.
- Try different fruits with matching preserves.
- Frozen fruit could replace fresh fruit when out of season.
- This recipe is suitable for vegans and vegetarians. It’s also gluten free if you use gluten free preserve and good quality champagne.
Fiona Kelly Photography