I’ve got this thing with neon… it’s an instant burst of sunshine whatever the weather! When it’s grey and gloomy outside neon nursery decor will brighten up your day, and when skies are blue it’s even better! Bright colours are energising, creative and stimulate learning so they’re a great (not to mention fun) choice for baby’s room. Just be careful not to overdo it – as with any décor scheme too much colour can be a little overbearing.
If you don’t know baby’s gender yet, then any multicolour scheme is a good choice – the room will naturally be topped up with more gender-specific colours once he or she arrives as they’re spoiled with gifts from family & friends!
To really make the colour pop pick just off white or pale grey walls, perhaps with a touch of patten and layer with softer pastel shades before adding your neon pops with tassels, trims, bedding and artwork. For a bolder look experiment with colour on the walls – I’m loving the orange mountains in this lucky lady’s room! For more DIY ideas I love this neon heart print, or for older kids let them get handy with a paintbrush and create their own artwork like this!
- TeePee: Kids Design Life via Petit & Small
- Cushions: Charlotte Love for 91 Magazine
- Nursery: Oh Joy for Target
- House Wall Shelves: Welke
- Moutains Wall: Charlotte Love via Apartment Therapy
- American Indian Print: Claire Esparros via Style Me Pretty
- Neon Heart Print: Say Yes
- Neon Artwork: Apartment Therapy
- Neon Pyjamas: Noe & Zoe via The Junior