#139: an italian romance
Morning ladies! How was your weekend? I’m sure for most of you the wedding planning is in full swing, especially if you can now say you’re getting married this year, and your days off were filled with wedmin, venue visits and probably a little Pinspiration! January is the month for fresh starts, and with an exciting 12 months stretched out ahead, I’ve been working on some big projects for the coming year. Some of these I’ll be able to tell you about very soon (keep an eye on my Twitter feed for the latest updates) and others you’ll have to wait a little longer for, but I can say they are all things that will improve your wedding planning experience, and beyond!
After last week’s modern pastel geometrics inspiration, this week I’ve decided to go for something completely pared-back and understated. So effortlessly stylish, it almost seems as though it hasn’t been styled at all. This scheme is perfect for that cool bride & groom who want their day to be relaxed yet chic. The success of this style relies on being able to only use what is absolutely necessary, absolute simplicity.
There are no flowers, just silvery-green olive branches. These spill from the bride’s arms in place of a bouquet, are simply tied around the bridesmaids heads in place of floral crowns or delicate accessories, and draped loosely along the tables. Candles provide the only decoration, their soft glow adding romance. Plain white or soft grey linen, elegant white crockery and plain glassware, only the exquisite calligraphy place cards giving away the well-considered attention to detail.
Rustic beauty, Italian style.
- Calligraphy Invite: Rylee Hitchner via Once Wed
- Chair swag: Marshal Grey Photography via Rock My Wedding
- Rustic place setting: Marshal Grey Photography via Rock My Wedding
- Olive branch arrangement: Rylee Hitchner via Once Wed
- Olive branch stationery: Leo Patrone via Once Wed
- Olive crown: Jose Villa via Once Wed
- Foliage table runner: Jose Villa via Once Wed
- Dinner candle: Marshal Grey Photography via Rock My Wedding
- Grecian Bride: Jose Villa via Santa Barbara Chic