#175: FALLING IN TO YOU
If golden hues and spicy tones rock your world, then you’re just going to LOVE this week’s mood board! With Thanksgiving coming up at the end of this month, I wanted to pay homage to the vibrant shades of Autumn before they disappear into the cool, crispness of winter
For this look it’s just got to be a barn, all that deep, weathered timber provides the perfect backdrop to pops of cinnamon, rust and gold. Drape festoon lighting from the rafters, and dot collections of candles on window sills and in hidden corners to give a luxurious, elegant glow. Steer clear of stark white and opt for a softer champagne gold fabric so your dress tones in to the look (it will look amazing in your photos and is so much softer on the skin), and don’t be afraid to add colour to your grooms outfit too – be it a deep red shirt or rust-coloured tie. Add tweeds and woollen pullovers for a cosy feel. Getting the rustic look right is all about playing with texture – mix foliage and flowers with feathers for a slightly bohemian feel, but add elegant glass and tableware to keep the whole look luxe and sophisticated.
SHOP THE LOOK
Add rustic texture with real tree slices! Place under floral arrangements or stack up to make a quirky cake stand!
Find at The Wedding of My Dreams
We love quirky groomswear, try Ted Baker for patterned shirts, ties and on-trend suits
Candles solve any styling dilemma, and we’re huge fans of chunky gold candlesticks to work with this rustic look.
Hire similar at Helene Millot
- Buttercream Cake: Kurt Boomer via 100 Layer Cake
- Elegant Chignon: Adam Barnes via Wedding Chicks
- Barn with Festoon Lighting: Source Unknown
- Gold Candlesticks: via OnceWed
- Tweed Groomswear: Source Unknown
- Autumn Flowers with Feathers: Adam Barnes via Wedding Chicks
- Copper Wedding Stationery: Greta Kenyon via Magnolia Rouge
- Rich Red & Copper Bouquet: Adam Barnes via Wedding Chicks
- Calligraphy Leaf Place Cards: Ali Harper via OnceWed