#177: RAW ELEGANCE
It’s been a while since I put together a new mood board for you, but this week found a little time in my schedule to indulge in creating this black & gold inspiration for you. Unlike the crisp, clean black & gold schemes of old, I wanted to bring in a raw industrial feel with organic, loose textures to create a thoroughly new and modern take on a classic scheme. It’s masculine, yes, but don’t let that put you off! For a sophisticated evening wedding this scheme is rough, touch and edgy, yet still manages to be sophisticated and feminine enough for a grown-up wedding.
I’d look for a venue with an industrial feel, a basement or crumbling London townhouse and fill with oversized, trailing floral arrangements spilling out of black urns. Raw timber trestles with metal tolix or wooden wishbone chairs in dark shades, with roughly textured linens like tweed and hessian given a glamorous edge with gold and brass details. Soften the whole look with an uber romantic tulle-skirted wedding dress and the frothiest of bouquets tumbling from your arms, while your groom opts for a classic black tux.
- Main Image: Leo Patrone via Snippet & Ink
- 1: Greg Fink via Style Me Pretty
- 2: Studio Castillero via 100 Layer Cake
- 3: Leo Patrone via Snippet & Ink
- 4: She Wanders via Grey Likes Weddings
- 5: She Wanders via Grey Likes Weddings
- 6: Julie Cate via Ruffled
- 7: Jarusha Brown via Ruffled
- 8: Leo Patrone via Snippet & Ink
- 9: She Wanders via Grey Likes Weddings