DIY DESTINATION BRIDE’S DIARY: ROSE GOLD & BLACK BOTTLE DIY
Hello! With eight weeks to go we are getting into the nitty gritty of wedding planning, and I must say, it’s not easy!!! My goodness there is a lot to do especially when you are doing the styling/planning yourself and you’re an absolute control freak… I wouldn’t say bridezilla, but definitely on my way there.
This month I wanted to write a practical post and provide a bit of inspiration for all you couples planning your special day! We wanted some really cool – not too fussy – centre pieces for our table at our English reception and I wanted to make something so it would have my touch. We decided to up-cycle a variety of bottles and use them as part of a quirky centre piece – along with some florals to soften it up a bit.
So here is how we achieved it…
YOU WILL NEED:
- Copper slug tape (from your local garden centre or online here)
- Old bottles (we preferred a mix of all sorts)\
- Black acrylic paint
- A wide paint brush
- Clean the bottle and remove any labels that are coming off
- Once dry, paint the bottle in a semi-thick layer of paint and leave to dry over night
- The following day use slug tape to stick around the base of your bottle or the top
- Add a few perfectly drippy tapper candles and adorn with florals, watch your guests swoon and wonder in your genius!
We loved doing this simple task together and have found that doing little projects like this and other DIYs have really helped us as a couple! And, I think even though its hard work, we will look back over time with fond memories! Plus, we will definitely use these in our house after the big day! I love the nod to rose gold on black – a nice mix of girly glam and simple masculinity… the perfect marriage ;)