ONCE IN A LIFETIME AFFAIR
Today’s wedding is so packed with jaw-droppingly beautiful details, that you won’t know where to look. There’s gorgeously rich red drapes, Gothic candle holders, beautiful stationery and row upon row of fabulous florals…
Plus, there are sparkly bridesmaid dresses. ALWAYS a winner with me.
Valery from Agape Wedding and Event Design has dropped by to give us the low down on putting together this spectacular marsala-inspired wedding for Rene and Dirk’s big day…
Turning a rustic boathouse into a Gothic-inspired Catholic Cathedral space, complete with deep red swags of rich fabric, wrought iron crosses, masses of candlelight, finished off with a large fireplace and opulent rich florals; what a wedding!
The bride wore a custom designed lace gown by local SA designer Kobus Dippenaar, who also designed the bridesmaids dresses.
The reception space was completely transformed from a hollow industrial inspired farmhouse, into an opulent old time inspired theatre, featuring a dinner area, cocktail area, as well as a dance floor corner with soft push lounge pockets.
Days of lighting installations and structures courtesy of Something Different, the space was transformed into the couple’s dream wedding venue. Tasha Seccombe did an incredible job photographing this magical day, and Ian Badenhorst from Vision on Fire provides the video clip for us! Hope you love these images as much as we do!
- Photography: Tasha Seccombe Photography
- Styling: Agape Wedding and Event Design
- Videography: Vision on Fire
- Floral Design: Fleur Le Cordeur
- Lighting, Draping And Structures: Something Different
- Stationery: Secret Diary
- Decor Hire: Urban Tonic
- Cake and Confectionary: Centerpiece
- Bridal Gown and Bridesmaid Dresses: Kobus Dippenaar
- Band: Natasha Meister
- Hair: Jonathan From Dash Hair, Cape Town
- Coffee Station: Truth Coffee By CoffeeLove
- Make up: Lisa Bailey From POUT
- Venue: Rockhaven Farm, Elgin, Western Cape, South Africa