PRETTY HEADPIECES FOR SPRING BRIDES
Once you’ve found the perfect dress, there’s still the small matter of a pretty headpiece to finish off your look. There are so many stunning hair accessories to choose from this year, so to make it a little bit easier for you, we have put together a selection of our real favourites, together with some handy tips of what to consider when choosing the perfect one.
We simply adore this boho look created by Jannie Baltzer. The Bailey is perfect for all different types of hair styles up or down and really easy to wear.
Continuing with the choice of a soft and flexible hairband, this beautiful Jasmine hairband is perfect for wearing across your forehead.
In this final look by Jannie balzter she has cleverly combined the hair accessory with a veil so that you don’t have to worry about securing them both in place.
We love the idea of these sparkly headbands on a ribbon. They are beautiful but understated.
MAKE A STATEMENT
These three statement pieces by Donna Crain are great for making an impact.
PRETTY IN PEARLS
Pearls have always been popular within bridal but 2015 sees them making a real comeback. We love these beautiful styles from Victoria Fergusson’s new collection, which you can try at Luella’s Designer Day with Victoria this Saturday 14th March with 10% off (click here to book an appointment)
Emmy London is renowned for her beautiful shoes but she also makes stunning hair accessories. We love these three pretty styles perfect for a vintage wedding.
At Luella’s our shelves are stacked with pretty finishing touches and we love helping our brides find the perfect piece. Here are some of our top tips for chosing your hair accessory…
- Carefully consider your hair type. Heavy accessories can be quite difficult to wear if you hair is really fine and you may need the help of a professional hair dresser to ensure that everything stays firmly in place.
- Think about the location of your wedding and whether you will be spending a lot of time outside. This will undoubtedly have an impact on both your hair style and your choice of accessory so it’s important that you think about this in advance.
- Think about the overall style of the wedding and whether it’s a big traditional affair where your guests will be wearing black tie or something small and intimate in style. This should be reflected in what you are wearing, which will ultimately filter down to your choice of accessories.
- Use your dress for inspiration. Are there any details that you can replicate in your hair accessory? You may be able to find some similar beading or incorporate some of the lace from your dress. Whatever choice you make it’s important that the styles work together.
- Finally, remember to choose something you love and feel really comfortable wearing, ask some good friends or family for their opinion and make sure you are really happy with your decision.
All pieces are available to try at Luella’s Boudoir. Make an appointment today