With blue skies appearing over swathes of the country, albeit between those pesky April showers, we’ve definitely got a Spring in our step at B.LOVED HQ! We love this time of year, as the morning chill fades a little quicker every day, the evenings get lighter and the first spring flowers burst from the earth in an array of pretty, pastel shades.
Spring’s association with renewal and new beginnings makes it an extra poignant season to get married, but it’s the season’s beautiful fresh blooms which provide the perfect inspiration! From blousy, ruffled peonies in blush pinks and soft corals to delicately scented sweet peas in the palest pastel hues we’ve found some of the best spring floral wedding ideas to inspire your celebrations…
As the weather starts to get a little warmer, Spring brides have their pick of dresses, but styles with sheer tulle sleeves or delicate illusion back details help add a little coverage in cooler climes. This season’s brides can afford to be a little more informal in their style, as weddings this time of year move outside the more formal hairstyles and dramatic of winter brides can feel a little stiff and harsh – not to mention blustery showers which wreak havoc on structured ‘dos! Loose, slightly undone chignon’s are perfect as they become more tousled throughout the day the better they look! For a little more control, braids are a good option whilst looking informal and chic, and half-up styles are the perfect combination for boho brides! Don’t be afraid of veils either – a fingertip style is just right for the more traditional bride!
If florals are your thing, then there’s absolutely no doubt over your ‘maids dresses for a Spring wedding! Whether you pick a bold, botanical print or a dainty ditzy design your girls will add a touch of colour and pattern throughout your day.
Spring flowers in themselves are so beautiful they need little styling! Make the most of their natural, unruly stems by letting tulips delicately bow over the edges of plain white or glass vases, while buds peek out of bouquets to give a loose organic feel. For more structured bouquets, fill with foliage for a rustic, informal touch and wrap with lashings of fine silk ribbons! Whether you pick tulips and ranunculus or roses and peonies, you can be sure a Spring wedding bouquet will smell absolutely divine!
If delicate and informal is the order of the day, you can’t go wrong with a naked cake. With layers of silky soft buttercream, these cakes are perfect for decorating simply with fresh blooms – and we totally adore the idea of mini naked cakes as a super sweet treat! For a slightly more formal, but nonetheless pretty look, a buttercream covered cake topped with sugar flowers is a more elegant look. Oh, and how about spoiling your guests during the cocktail hour with floral icecubes (just make sure the petals are edible first!)
DECOR & DETAILS
When it comes to floral-inspired details you can go as much or as little as you like! Of course using stationery to set the tone is (in my opinion!) a must, with gorgeous illustrations my top pick. I simply love the idea of a pair of floral shoes peeking out from under your gown (for the record, I’m totally obsessed with this pair). I am also totally head-over heels with the idea of floral hankies, especially those customised just for you & your guests. Super cute.
Don’t forget to ask your florist for some extra flowers too – a few loose stems add so much more to place settings and detail shots!
Can’t get enough of our Spring wedding ideas? Find more inspiration here.
- Cover Image: Kelly Sauer for Aisle Society via B.LOVED
- Bridal braid: Orange Photographie via Hey Wedding Lady
- Bride with flower: http://heyweddinglady.com/raining-petals-organic-bridal-inspiration-spring/
- Veil: Pitera Photography via Southbound Bride
- Half-up bridal hair: Jo Photo via Coastal Bride
- Bridesmaids robes: Kelly Sauer for Aisle Society via B.LOVED
- Floral & stripes bridesmaids: Kat Harris via Hey Wedding Lady
- Floral bridesmaid dresses: Kelly Sauer for Aisle Society via B.LOVED
- Bud vases: Carolien & Ben via SouthBound Bride
- Spring bouquet with lilac: Christine Meintjes via The Pretty Blog
- Spring bouquet with ribbons: Peaches & Mint via Hey Wedding Lady
- Pink & red bouquet: Laura Kinsey via Wedding Chicks
- Individual spring naked cakes: Pylon Cake via Swooned
- Buttercream cake with flowers: Taralynn Lawton via Hey Wedding Lady
- Naked cake with flowers: ARTIESE Studios via Bajan Wed
- Floral ice cubes: Peaches & Mint via Hey Wedding Lady
- Floral shoes: Corbin Gurkin via Burnett's Boards
- Floral place setting: Sarah Carpenter via Hey Wedding Lady
- Floral hanky: Christina Forbes via Glamour & Grace
- Floral menu: Love by Serena via Ruffled
- Floral stationery: Serena Jae via Once Wed