10 REASONS TO HONEYMOON AT THE SAROJIN
We like to go longhaul once a year. This jaunt usually takes place In March, a pretty perfect time of year to head off for some pre-English summer sun! Mark and I are also sans-little ones, yet to make the mighty leap to being fully-fledged growns-ups, so we believe we should take full advantage of our current life situation! Hence the epic adventures of the exotic kind.
When researching holidays I tend to find myself googling ‘Honeymoons’ and whilst it’s now almost two years since our ‘official’ moon period I can’t help but be drawn to these beautiful resorts, pristine beaches and romantic lodges set in luscious rainforests that fall safely within this category.
When recently asked at a wedding fair “Are you looking for a honemoon…?” my friend said no (also post-honeymoon period) but I found myself saying YES! And why the hell not…? Every holiday the boy and I go on should be like a honeymoon, shouldn’t it…?
So where did we end up in March…? The Sarojin, just an hour from Phuket in Thailand and the most incredible place for a honeymoon, holiday or whatever you both choose to call it. Here’s 10 reasons to visit…
1. The Sarojin’s magical setting, on an 11km secluded white sand beach set against the tranquil turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea provides all year round swimming and watersports, perfect for newlyweds seeking the honeymoon of a lifetime.
2. Just one hour transfer from Phuket Airport, The Sarojin in Khao Lak, borders five spectacular primary rain forested national parks, the world-famous dive sanctuaries of the Similan and Surin Islands (world top 10 dive and snorkelling site) and Phang Nga Bay national marine park, renowned for its dramatic limestone islands and captivating sea cave canoe journeys – all areas of outstanding natural adventure and beauty within Thailand. Three 18-hole golf courses are easily accessible and within one hour from the hotel.
3. Staying at The Sarojin is reminiscent of staying at a friend’s private estate. This multi-award winning boutique resort has just 56 luxurious guest residences set within 10 acres of lush tropical gardens; privacy and exclusivity form an integral part of The Sarojin’s charm.
4. Guests can enjoy the resort’s lush tropical gardens, infinity-edged swimming pool with three drape shaded pool pavilions, incredible cuisine at two gourmet restaurants, wine cellar and indulgent treatments at its award-winning spa.
5. Renowned for its very personal “just for 2” service, The Sarojin’s team of personal guides delight in providing individual tailor-made experiences and providing guests with an opportunity to adventurously explore this spectacular area of outstanding beauty. Guests can enjoy a variety of unique and personal guided experiences complete with champagne, including a private charter on the luxury boat Lady Sarojin or Thai cooking class by a cascading waterfall.
6. For a truly amazing honeymoon experience, newlyweds can spend an evening at a variety of extraordinary private dining locations – a table by a candle lit jungle waterfall or on their very own private island in the midst of the Andaman Sea. The resort’s “Shipwrecked in Style at The Sarojin” experience will whisk couples away on the Lady Sarojin private yacht to a secluded sand island, where they’ll spend a magical evening dining beneath the stars as their personal waiter spoils them with a selection of fresh seafood dishes – all against a truly breathtaking backdrop.
7. Khao Lak is far away from the hustle and bustle of bigger cities in Thailand. A honeymoon at The Sarojin offers a true taste of authentic Thailand, allowing couples to combine a five-star level of comfort with an interest in the local culture and environment. The resort’s “Glimpse of Local Life” experiences provide a unique opportunity to interact with the local community… and guests can even disappear on their own with a free shuttle bus operating daily from The Sarojin to Khao Lak and its surrounding villages.
8. Newlyweds can learn a new skill and get closer to ancient Thai customs, as well as to each other, with couples’ massage classes at the resort’s multi-award winning Pathways spa. The expert-led classes will provide a renewed sense of romance, relaxation, rejuvenation and a real understanding of Thailand, allowing couples to develop much more than just a suntan on their luxury honeymoon.
9. There are no worries of big groups or screaming children to put a crimp in a honeymoon at The Sarojin – the resort prides itself on its “just for two” experiences. Additionally, no children under the age of 10 are permitted to stay, ensuring a tranquil and romantic environment is guaranteed for couples.
10. Newlyweds spending their honeymoon at The Sarojin can arrive in style with private luxury transfers from Phuket Airport inclusive of complimentary Wi-Fi and refreshments and, upon arrival, will receive one complimentary bottle of sparkling wine, fruit and flowers, PLUS for honeymoon stays of 7 nights or more, they’ll receive one five-course degustation food and wine dinner.
Not only is The Sarojin a wonderful place for a spot of r&r, but you can also marry at this wonderful resort! A recent addition to Coco Wedding Venues, we’re handpicking a small ‘delicious destination’ collection for couples looking to marry further afield or combine a vow renewal with some sunshine.
I should just mention that this is absolutely not a sponsored post, we simply fell in love with this beautiful place and knew it would be perfect for our BLOVED & Coco couples. So have we booked somewhere for next March…? You bet! Bali here we come.