AN ENGLISH HARVEST
Winter is officially here but we just couldn’t resist this autumnal inspiration shoot from fine art photographer Theresa Furey. The team combined rich seasonal tones of mustard and marsala, Pantone’s colour for 2015, with armfuls of organic florals and folliage with gold tableware and luxurious details. Featuring produce taken straight from the land, including freshly dug vegetables and plums and berries from orchards and hedgerow it’s the perfect inspiration for a cosy, organic, Sunday lunch. This one’s sure to give you a warm and fuzzy feeling.
From Teresa –
This is an English countryside farm fresh to dining table editorial piece featuring local Worcestershire and Herefordshire farms and their produce. Both counties are known for their farming and fantastic pick your own fruit and vegetable accessibility to the general public. This makes having farm fresh food a reality without having and maintaining your own farm or orchard, especially since land is a commodity here in England.
We went with a typical English Autumn menu starting with a pumpkin and sage or an apple and parsnip soup, rosemary stuffing stuffed Cornish hens with seasonal potatoes, parsnip and garlic followed by a local restaurant, Mac & Jac’s, white chocolate and mascarpone fruit compote tart dessert. Head chef, Calum MacCrimmon was kind enough to provide us the delicious desserts for the shoot and the recipe on how to make them:
250 g of marscapone
125 g of white chocolate
150 ml double cream
1-2 vanilla pods
Sweet white wine or Cointreau
Mini tart cases
Fresh fruit compote
Melt 250g marscapone and 125g white chocolate in bowl over pan of simmering water. Cool a little.
Whisk 150ml double cream with a scraped vanilla pod until soft peak. Careful not to over whisk.
Add splash of sweet white wine or Cointreau. Fold in. Fold all together gently.
Pour into cooked tart cases, cheesecake base or ramekins.
Garnish with fresh or compote fruit.
- Photography: Theresa Furey
- Film and processing: Fuji 400H and Portra 800: UK Film Lab,
- Styling: Theresa Furey
- Styling Assistant: Wedding Creations
- Florals & Styling: Jenny Fleur
- White chocolate & Marscapone tart with fruit compote: Mac & Jac’s
- Invites and Calligraphy: Lamplighter London
- Glassware: Kate Cullen
- Gold Cutlery: A Very Beloved Wedding
- Linen Napkins and Mini Mae Candelabras: Rowen & Wren
- Tree cut chopping board: Bunbury Boards
- Tea light candle holders, linen runners and glass decanter:: H&M
- Location: Clive’s Farm, Upton on Severn
- Location: Lyde Court