Festive Drinks and Canape Ideas for Cosy Nights or Parties!
Hi Lovelies! We’re sure that you are as excited for the Festive Season as we are, and today we have wonderful inspirations for your gatherings this Christmas and New Year! Amanda Karen Photography and Fleur and Fig got together to create this oh so magical shoot for you! They share scrumptious festive drink ideas and delicious canapes – perfect whether you’re having a cosy night in for just the two of you, or a party with loved ones! Here’s Amanda who shares the lovely recipes for you to try yourself;
Homemade Hot Chocolate (serves 2)
• 1 vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped out
• 500ml milk
• 75g plain chocolate, chopped into small pieces
• sugar, to taste
- Heat the vanilla pod and seeds and milk in a saucepan until boiling.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the chocolate pieces, stirring until the chocolate melts.
- Whisk the hot chocolate vigorously until frothy on top and add sugar, to taste.
- Serve with squirty cream, sprinkles and marshmallows (or all three if you’re feeling decadent) and if you want something even more warming, perhaps a dash of your favourite Irish crème liquor!
- This is super easy – pour chilled sparkling rose into a coupe glass
- Hold the rosemary sprig in the palm of your hand and clap the other hand sharply over it to lightly bruise the leaves before placing it into the glass (this releases some of the fragrant oils into the liquid)
- Slowly pour the sloe gin into the glass so that they sink to the bottom.
- Serve immediately.
• 2 litres good-quality cider
• 6 cloves
• 3-4 star anise
• ¼ nutmeg , finely grated into the pan
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 1 vanilla pod , halved
• 1 orange , juice of
• Juice of 2 clementines or slices of 2 oranges
• 4–5 tablespoons caster sugar
- Pour cider into a pan and warm through for a few minutes then add the spices and orange and bring to a slow boil.
- Reduce the heat to simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- Taste and add sugar as required.
- Serve in glasses or mugs warm
Hosting a cocktail and canape evening with friends is the perfect way to get into the festive spirit. But hosting can be stressful and we want to show you how this doesn’t have to be the way, by creating delicious, easy canapes to serve on beautiful flatware. First things first, you don’t have to create everything from scratch, adding tasty toppings to mini brioche rolls or blini pancakes is a simple way of serving the perfect finger food for your guests to enjoy, for example:
– Smoked salmon and cream cheese
– Marinated prawns with thai slaw
– Red pesto with sliced chicken breast and sundried tomato
– Green pesto with roasted peppers and aubergine
– Mozzarella, basil leaf and sundried tomato
And for something sweet, mince pies, miniature tarts or even a bowl of tasty individually wrapped chocolates Now, whilst this is super easy and simple, there is also the ultimate stress free canape hosting, Marks and Spencer have ready made platters of canapes that you can order a few days in advance and serve up to your guests, giving you time to mix and mingle.