Recipe: Lemon, Rosemary and Greek Yoghurt Bundt Cake
This beautiful little Bundt cake will make a perfect dessert for Easter gatherings! You may have spotted it as part of the beautiful Spring Organics feature earlier this week and now McBaile Catering have kindly shared their recipe with you for your own Spring feast! The lovely sprigs of fresh rosemary with drizzles of Greek yoghurt and syrup make this little bundt cake look so delightfully presented! Setting it upon a cake stand and adding some Spring flowers were pretty little touches and something you can create for your gathering too!
Find the Lemon, Rosemary and Greek Yoghurt Bundt Cake recipe below…
- 6 large eggs
- 600g Self raising flour
- 250ml vegetable oil
- 720g Sugar
- 5 Lemons
- 560g Greek Yoghurt
- 110g Rosemary
Method: The bundt cake
- Cream together 6 eggs and 500g sugar
- Add together the zest and juice of four lemons, 60g of rosemary, greek yoghurt, vegetable oil.
- Sift in the self raising flour and combine with the creamed eggs and sugar.
- Bake in the oven at 180C for 35 Minutes (temperatures and times may depend upon oven type)
Method: The Syrup
(to be made once the cake is cooked)
- Blanch the zest of 4 lemons in a pan of boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Drain the water and add the blanched zest to a pan of 220g of sugar 160ml of lemon juice and 50g of rosemary
- Cook until sugar has dissolved and is a pourable constancy
- Once the bundt cake has cooled pour over whilst the syrup is still hot