RECIPE: MUSHROOM & GORGANZOLA POTS
With autumn defintely in our midst, we all need some comfort food. This dish is perfect to have with fresh bread or toasted bread fingers that can be dipped in the lovely sauce. A fresh green salad with a lemon dressing accompanied by a glass of crisp white wine are perfect complements for this meal.
YOU WILL NEED:
Easy to prepare (45 min)
2 x 250ml Kilner Jars or ovenproof soup bowls
For the topping
- 20g plain flour
- 10g oats
- 10g chopped nuts (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 10g butter
For the Mushroom Mixture
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- ½ an onion or leek, finely chopped
- 125g fresh mushrooms, sliced if need be
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 30g gorgonzola cheese
- chopped parsley and/or fresh thyme
Preheat oven to 190 °C / 170 °C Fan / Gas 5.
First make the topping by adding all the dry ingredients together. Rub the butter into the dry ingredients to form a crumbly consistency.
Take the Kilner Jars or soup bowls and start layering them with the fresh ingredients. Push the content down in the jars as shrinkage will take place during the baking process. Pour the olive oil over the mushroom mixture. Top each pot with half of the cheese.
Sprinkle the topping over the cheese. Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until the topping colours to a light brown.
Serve with fresh bread or toasted bread fingers.
- This is a vegetarian dish, but chopped ham or bacon would add a lovely smoky flavour.
- Replace the gorgonzola with Brie or Camembert.
- Kilner Jars are great to bake puddings and pies or to make a take away salad for work