Summer Garden Party Goals with Signature Soirees
We’re so excited to introduce B.LOVED Edit Member, Rav of Signature Soirees to you today! As an Event Planner and Stylist based in Greater London, she has an amazing 40th Birthday to share with us today with the theme of a Summer Garden Party captured by Helen Warner Photography. We asked Rav all about the details as well as her expert tips for creating this look!
Tell us about the style of wedding + the key elements that create this look
The style of event was based on a traditional summer garden party, something that everyone enjoys! Fresh air, beautiful gardens, blooming flowers, the smell of a delicious barbecue and cool glasses of bubbles gave the entire event an elegant yet relaxed feel.
A key element of the design was the instagrammable photo opportunity at the entrance area by the bar which included a bright neon sign, a gorgeous balloon arch and flowers entwined in a summer swing chair. This marked the perfect spot to welcome guests and to take pictures, it was also a perfect backdrop to the entire event. Balloons always make an event feel fun and frivolous! While the neon lighting added an extra element of fun and cheekiness to the event. ‘Hello Forty’ encapsulated a great feeling of embracing a new decade without giving up the desire for fun.
For the tables, small floral arrangements and simple copper-hued candle holders were used as centrepieces so as not to overpower the tables. The table decor gently offset the beautiful copper cutlery and crockery. Each decorative element was chosen for its simplicity, but combined, the effect was soft and pretty.
Good food and drink are a must at any event and for this party inspiration it was essential to add the flavour of summer with a delicious barbecue. This was combined with summer salads, cheese plates, a range of light bites and fruity desserts.
Tell us about the colour palette + any important tips for working with this palette
The colour palette for the event was soft and light and centred around nude tones,peaches and copper. Copper is quite a strong colour and can feel quite harsh if overused, so it was important to soften the look by surrounding the bold pops of colour with more gentle tones. Nude and peach along with copper work beautifully together and are ideal to create a summery feel.
Tell us about the floral design and any key details
The flowers were chosen with the colour palette of nude and peach in mind. Combining peach and cream with soft pinks worked beautifully with the overall event design and the copper vase enhanced the entire look.
What would be your three tips for creating this look?
- Stay true to the colour palette is essential to create a consistent look throughout an event.
- Zone out the venue space. For example, create a focal point where guests can take pictures, have a distinct area for eating (as some guests may prefer a sit down meal rather than nibbles)and make sure there is space for guests to stand and mingle.
- Don’t be scared of balloons!Balloons are great for any event, not just children’s parties. They are a lovely way to dress up a space and are often a more affordable design choice than elaborate floral decorations.
Here are Rav’s Expert Tips for a Fabulous Fortieth…
- In this digital age – have an instagrammable opportunity, for guests to take pictures so they remember
- Keep it fun, yet classy – zone out the venue space, For example, create a focal point where guests can take pictures, have a distinct area for eating as some guests prefer a sit down meal rather than nibbles
- Entertainment is key – either have a DJ or a band as milestone birthdays are all about having a great time with friends and family