5 Tips for Your Honeymoon Couples Spa
Hi lovelies! If you’ve been swooning over the images and inspirations from my trip to Palm Island Resort, today the swoon levels are increasing as I take you on a tour of the incredible newly refurbished Spa! It’s no secret we’re big fans of a relaxing spa day here at B.LOVED HQ, but the experience at Palm Island (as I’m sure you’re expecting by now) is a WHOLE other level. Located a short bicycle ride or golf-cart trip from the resort, the Spa is nestled between lush tropical gardens and a long, unspoiled stretch of white sandy beach.
From the moment you step onto the property, onto the veranda (compete with hanging love seats!) and into the cool waiting area a sense of calm and tranquility washes over you. The design vision of Resort Manager Katie, the spa manages to exude peace and tranquility with a clean, white interior with hints of the ocean subtly weaved in using natural finishes throughout. We were treated to the Spa’s signature treatment, the Hibiscus package. Two and a half hours of pure, uninterrupted relaxation. Our therapists welcomed us into one of the two couple’s treatment rooms, each with its own private terrace and tub over-looking that incredible quintessential Caribbean beach view.
Bath run, laced with hibiscus oils (known as the ‘botox of the Caribbean’) and scattered with tropical petals we were left to indulge in the views whilst soaking away the tensions and stresses of the modern world. Champagne in hand, it was wonderful, uninterrupted half-hour together to reconnect, relax and simply enjoy each other’s company without the interruption of social media notifications and emails.
Feeling calm and relaxed after our soak, the treatment continued with a Hibiscus scrub and wrap. Neither of us had ever braved this messy treatment before, but it was AMAZING! My skin felt fresh, soft and smooth for days afterwards. I’d go back just for that! After a quick shower in the huge bathroom it was back to the treatment room for a full-body massage. The experience ended with a facial, again leaving my skin feeling bright and fresh for the rest of the trip. Treatment over, and we were more relaxed than ever, looking forward to a quiet afternoon on the beach listening to the gentle waves hitting the sand and indulging in doing absolutely nothing!
- A couple’s spa is a must for any honeymooning newly-weds, and whether you’re spa pros or new to the whole experience, here are a few of my tips for making the most of it;
- Research the resort spa before your trip, look for couple’s treatment rooms and honeymoon packages
- Book your treatments before you travel, so you can indulge as soon as you arrive, especially if flying long-haul.
- Book at least two treatments – one at the beginning to soothe away the wedding planning stresses and excitement of your big day, and one at the end to leave you feeling well and truly relaxed before your trip home
- Explore the spa’s signature treatments. You’ll often find ingredients, rituals and techniques you won’t find at home, so make the most of the local experience
- Take the feeling home with you. Most spa’s will have the oils, creams and lotions they use during your treatment for sale too, investing in your favourite is a great way to recreate the feeling at home.
Will you be indulging in a couple’s spa on your honeymoon? You won’t be disappointed with the experience at Palm Island! You can find out more and book your trip at palmislandresortgrenadines.com