With the first glimmers of some sun and warmth, I don’t know about you, but it certainly makes me very happy to know that Summer is on its way and Spring is in full swing. I adore the colours that late Spring produces and with it all the fresh and bountiful new life. One of my favourite scenes and often associated with May is an apple orchard fully in blossom – the pinks and greens are just a wonderful combination and I adore the blossom itself. Can you imagine getting married in an apple orchard! Yes please! I’m sure my love of the outdoors and Somerset ancestry all help create my love of an orchard, but it’s just so dreamy and romantic!
Taking the blossom and colours as inspiration, I have created a floral and Spring inspiration board. Using the blossom itself, you could fashion beautiful floral centrepieces, buttonholes, bouquets and add to a semi naked cake (which is so on trend for this year). Pale pink and green ribbons and linen could be used to decorate – perhaps hang ribbons off an apple tree and attach escort cards to create a fun table plan. Coppers and rose golds work well with pale pinks and greens, so perhaps add touches of metallic to help luxe it up a little. You could have fun with the food and drink and play around with apple flavours; think apple Martini’s, apple crumble, pork and apple, lots of cider (yum!) and you could create apple sauce favours, so cute!
- Bride: Stephanie Mballo Photography via Wedding Chicks
- Centrepiece: Georgianna Lane via The Natural Wedding Company
- Bouquet: Ashley Slater Photography via Inspired By This
- Favours: Ashley Slater Photography via 100 Layer Cake
- Blossom: The Natural Wedding Company
- Cocktails: Ashley Slater Photography via Inspired By This
- Place Setting: Anne Marie Swift
- Stationery: Ashley Slater Photography via Inspired By This
- Centrepiece: Anne Marie Swift