Beautiful Modern York Wedding in Blue with a Dash of Pink
My Pretties UK shares a romantic styled shoot captured by Natalie Hamilton at The Company of Merchant Taylors in York. “I wanted to marry the history of the venue with a modern edge, taking inspiration for the colour palette from the beautiful Duck Egg blue walls inside the small hall. We carried this throughout and teamed it with blush pinks and lilac – and hints of gold! The florals by Fleuradmao were key to this design, the big window-sill installations were my favourite. I wanted statement pieces to fill the room and be a real focal point. Using lot’s of white hydrangea and ferns for greenery gave depth and texture, complimented by a bouquet with a whimsical, wildflower feel.”
3 TIPS FOR CREATING THIS LOOK
- When you have 1 colour in mind, try not to over use it. Bring in either a brighter or paler option to balance your feature colour.
- You can create a modern wedding in an old venue, just be brave with your choices.
- Bringing in a furniture supplier to provide modern furniture instead of having to cover what your venue may have is definitely the right choice.
- Photography: Natalie Hamilton
- Design, Planning & Styling: My pretties UK
- Venue: The Company of Merchant Taylors
- Table + Chairs Rentals: Typical Type
- Cake & Treats: Where The Ribbon Ends
- Flowers: Fleuradmao
- Stationery: Gray Starling Designs
- Hair & Makeup: K H Makeup Artistry
- Hair Accessories: The Bobbypin
- Bridalwear & Shoes: Dotty Bridal
- Groomswear: Frank Bird Menswear
- Drinks Horsebox: Two 7 Club
- Wedding Car: All Luv Dub
- Models: Anna Titley
- : Ashley Petch