Chic White and Navy Wedding Inspiration at 10-11 Carlton House Terrace
Natalie Stevenson Photography shares her latest styled shoot for a chic City wedding with a classic white and navy colour palette. With Pantone Classic Blue being the colour of 2020, this gives great ideas about how to use this rich blue colour for your wedding! Set at one of our favourite wedding venues in London, BLOVED Edit Member 10-11 Carlton House Terrace, which has a beautiful light and airy feel and heaps of character with ornate details galore!
THE COLOUR PALETTE
“Hues of pure white and ivories, together with the ultimate classic that is rich navy, creates this vision of Old Hollywood Chic and brings it right up to the 21st century. It’s important not to go overboard with navy when using this colour palette, hints throughout your wedding styling and clothing are plenty to give that chic and elegant touch. A neutral colour palette really allows the stunning venue to shine through too and truly adds to the 1920’s feel with the sweeping black and gold staircase.”
“Kate Wren Flowers created magnificent floral features for this shoot! The orchid was the central focus in the floral design, complemented by white hydrangeas and ivory roses. The rich florals created opulence in abundance and were paramount to the styling in this inspirational shoot. Whilst the florals were kept to neutral colours, the conscious choice of each individual flower added texture and depth, as well as a luxurious feel.”
THREE TIPS TO CRETE THIS LOOK
- Simplicity – The venue was chosen for Its sympathetic elements to the 1920’s era, so we kept everything else neutral to allow this to shine through and epitomise the Old Hollywood feel we were going for. This also rung true with the simple yet classic look of both models, particularly the bride with her red lip.
- Florals – It Is vital to use an abundance of luxurious florals, which creates an opulent and decadent look perfectly reminiscent of this bygone era.
- Gold -The touches of regal gold throughout the venue, the styling and the accessories add the richness and glamour that beholds Old Hollywood Chic and Is a must when recreating this style.
- Photography: Natalie Stevenson Photography
- Venue: 10-11 Carlton House Terrace, London
- Floral Design: Kate Wren Flowers
- Cake: Meadowsweet Cakes
- Dress & Bridal Cape: The Wedding Workshop
- Accessories: Rachel Sokhal Bridal Accessories
- Hair stylist: Kim Sandford Hairdressing
- Make-up artist: Michelle Nash Make Up
- Stationery: Lou Paper
- Models: Ruxandra Porojnicu
- and: Daniele Alan Carter