Creative Wedding Ideas with a Modern Black and Pink Colour Palette
Hi Lovelies! I can’t tell you how excited I am to share our latest wedding moodboard with you! It mixes industrial chic with a modern colour palette of blush pink with grey white and black – and a heap of fashionable details for trendy couples. There’s the macrame backdrop topped with flowers – and with this wedding, flowers are everywhere! That’s a big trend in itself, and here you’ll see oodles of roses mixed with pampas grass and also orchids. It gives it a really modern edge and great for an industrial chic setting.
Chairs are big details this year for both table settings and in creating a lounge area. Couples are looking to hire in some key pieces to transform spaces and put their own stamp on it. I love these blush pink velvet chairs used in my inspiration board! For chair options I’d definitely take a look at the Gold Geo Chairs for a contemporary look, and the Black Cross Back Chairs for something modern yet timeless – both from B.LOVED Edit Member, Classic Crockery. You’ll find some awesomely beautiful ideas for creating a chic seating area for your wedding reception below too. Hello pink velvet shell chairs and scandi tables for drinks!
HOW TO CREATE THIS LOOK
- Mix in contemporary dried flowers and pampas grass with soft pink orchids and muted pink roses
- Add colour with some pink chairs at some of your tables too. We love these modern pink velvet chairs
- Create a statement backdrop mixing floral design and macrame for a creative background to frame your wedding ceremony but something fun for wedding selfies throughout the evening too!
- Add some statement floral centrepieces in key areas with tall pampas grass for impact. These can even be displayed on the floor in modern concrete containers
- Throw away the idea of keeping things perfectly symmetrical, this edgy look has an imperfectly perfect balance throughout from the wedding ceremony backdrop deign to the cocktail bar decor and huge statement centrepieces
- Add some cool light installations at key focal points eg by the ceremony arch, your bar or over some of your tables. Geometric pendant lights and contemporary festoon lights would look amazing
Create a chic wedding lounge with these stylish pieces from B.LOVED Edit Member Classic Crockery
Want to see more B.LOVED Moodboards for heaps of creative wedding ideas?
Find them here!
- Moodboard Design + Wedding Concept: Catharine Noble
- PAMPAS CENTREPIECE: Sir Botanical
- BRIDAL PORTRAIT: Madly Studio
- Wedding Dress: Rue de Seine
- MACRAME CEREMONY BACKDROP IMAGE: Sarah Ascanio
- Styling + Florals: Sister Honey Floral Co
- via: Green Wedding Shoes
- PINK CANDLES + ROSES IMAGE: Julia Winkler
- Florals: Liezl Kotze Floral Art
- via: Green Wedding Shoes
- DRINKS MENU: Paperminx Designs
- PLACE SETTING IMAGE: Anitra Wells Photography
- Styling + Florals: Ruby + James
- CANDLELIT TABLE IMAGE: Lucas & Co Photography
- Styling: The Events lounge
- Florals: Bower Botanicals
- TABLESCAPE IMAGE: Heather Waraksa Photography
- Styling: Loli Events
- via: 100 Layer Cake
- COCKTAIL BAR IMAGE: Zahra Creative
- Styling: Pretty Willow
- via: Nouba