Signs of Spring at Ashridge House
This soft and ethereal English springtime wedding inspiration shoot by Kristen Sautter and Day Productions is a celebration of the first signs of spring in the countryside, reflecting the gentle pastel palette and freshness that nature brings at this time of year.
Set within Ashridge House in Hertfordshire—a grand estate once home to royalty—this shoot is an ode to early spring and classical British heritage. Every detail of this shoot was sourced from British artisans, from the vintage dress and antique ring to the stationery and accessories.
If you’re dreaming of a seasonal spring wedding in the English countryside, this shoot has captured the tentative feeling of crisp light and new beginnings that spring promises.
The colour palette was intended to reflect the spirit of early spring: soft,organic colours of nature. This organic palette was paired with a pale blue that brought a sense of calm and fresh beginnings that come with spring.
The greenery and wildflowers were all foraged from the estate grounds, to bring elements of the season indoors. The result is natural, organic florals that enhance the light-filled room and reflect the colours of spring.
- When designing a wedding or event, look to nature for inspiration. Consider what seasonal and natural elements you can incorporate into the design. When these elements lead the design process, the result is a stunning yet subtle showcase of the season’s beauty.
- This shoot was all about British heritage and a celebration of spring in the countryside. The design was truly bespoke because the artists involved know British culture well and looked to their love of the land to inspire their work. If you’re wanting to create a bespoke, heartfelt design,work with local artisans who understand your vision and can bring it to life.
- To create a seamless design, know and use the space intentionally. The elements of this shoot were specifically designed for this space—the colours, the light, and the floral arch around the doors were all created to enhance the beauty of the space. Take time to choose your wedding venue or event space wisely and design specifically for its unique charm.
We’d love to hear your plans for your own English Springtime Wedding! Comment below, or come and chat with us on Instagram @blovedblog.
- Photography: Kristin Sautter Photography
- Venue: Ashridge House
- Planning & Styling: Day Productions
- Floral Design & Styling: Louise Langdon Florals
- HMUA: Hair & Makeup by Adie
- Stationery : Dahlia by Lauren
- Bridalwear: A Lover's Thread
- Cake: Meadowsweet Cakes
- Tableware: Duchess & Butler
- Linens: Just 4 Linen
- Ribbons & Silks: Little Acorn Silks
- Model: Phebe Alys