Luxe Wedding Ideas with a Romantic Outdoor Ceremony at Wotton House
Champagne & Sparkles and Neli Prahova Photography share their ideas for a romantic wedding at Wotton House. “Our couple would want an outdoor ceremony in a space that combines their love of architecture and classic details, while still keeping their day modern and luxe. Wotton House was the perfect setting for this shoot, with its stunning Italian garden this 17th-century house has a long tradition of entertaining guests. We added a floral installation to the front of the Temple in the Italian Garden, which complemented the garden beautifully.
A dreamy colour palette of blush, pale pink and pale peach harmonised with lots of greenery to create a romantic and modern feel to the space. While the Temple is stunning on its own, it was important that we enhanced this area with flowers to really show off the space. The asymmetrical pillars included greenery, roses and peonies and was created to frame the detail of the Temple. Complementing pillar arrangements either side of the installation tied it all together, and the added chair-ends of roses and greenery created the idea of an aisle.”
“The Old Library inside the hotel features intricate gold and glass detail and with its high ceiling creates an airy and romantic space. The same colour palette was carried through in the table centrepieces and the cake, which was kept simple and detailed with gold edging and roses. Modern style-led stationery, combined with simple but elegant tableware and glassware sat amongst the smaller centrepieces, so as not to distract from the detail of the room.
The overall feeling of the shoot was modern, luxe and romantic.”
3 TIPS TO CREATE THIS LOOK
- Choose a statement floral piece for one part of the wedding, in our case, we wanted to keep the integrity of the detail of the architecture so chose to have the floral installation for the ceremony, and small centrepieces in the Old Library that has lots of incredible detail.
- Using a soft pastel colour palette complemented both the spaces – be mindful of the venue and choose colours that enhance the space – Keep it simple if there’s a lot of detail in the space
- The Old Library has so much intricate detail so it was important the table décor was kept simple and didn’t overwhelm.
- Photography: Neli Prahova Photography
- Concept Design/Planner/Stylist: Champagne & Sparkles
- Venue: Wotton House
- Floral Design: Johanna Pedrick Flowers
- Cake Design: Sugar Plum Bakes
- Stationery: Lynda Loves
- Hair & Make Up Artist: Your Wedding Your Look
- Bridalwear: Luella’s Bridal
- Silk Runner: Kate Cullen
- Ribbons: Silk & Purl
- Tableware: Zara Home
- Glassware: H&M Home
- Shoes: Harriet Wilde
- On the Day Assistant: Wildestyle
- Models: Tamra Burke
- and: Michael