MOODBOARD: LUSH AND LEAFY BOTANICAL STYLING
Sustainable is a big buzz word for 2020 weddings and beyond and our go-to for this is BLOVED Edit Member Catherine, the wedding planner behind All Things Considered, based in Cambridgeshire. We love that Catherine has a passion for this important topic, but also that she is leading in the way in showing that sustainable weddings can be utterly stylish too! Check out her recent feature, How You Can Have a Stylish Sustainable Wedding. Today, Catherine shares a guest moodboard design for a lush and leafy botanical wedding with great tips about conscious design ideas.
“Inspired by lush greenery and soft ferns, this botanical styling will give your day a light, fresh and relaxed feel. Updated for 2020 with a paired-back, minimal look, this style is serene in its simplicity and showcases some amazing British suppliers who have sustainability and ethics at their core.
- This look is as stylish as it is sustainable! Think seed paper invitations, Fairtrade gold rings and a focus on local ingredients and foliage.
- This colour palette is all about earthy, calming shades of green. Don’t be afraid to mix up warm and cool shades here, like pairing olive tones with emerald tones. To bring some fun and freshness, peaches and corals work really well with this botanical look.
- Bridal separates are set to be a big trend for 2020, and I love how different and versatile they are. Softer shapes lend themselves to this relaxed, botanical feel, but if you’re looking for contrast, then sharp, tailored separates will add some formality.
- Greenery is here to stay and is the key to achieving this look. Go for wild, loose arrangements to make a real impact.
GET THE LOOK: DECOR
- Ferns and foliage are a big part of creating this look. Go for big, bold tall arrangements and installations for the wow factor and ask your florist if they can forage some greenery from your local area to make it all the more personal.
- Crystal glassware, like these coupe glasses from Harriet’s Table, bring the glamour to your tablescape and catch the light, enhancing the soft tones in the greenery.
- This style can take strong patterns, so don’t be afraid to go for something striking, like this Valentina Charger Plate from Duchess & Butler, amongst your ferns.
GET THE LOOK: FASHION
- A smart tailored trouser and top combo looks really sleek and sophisticated and adds a nice contrast to the softness of the botanical styling.
- Alternatively, you could choose a flowing skirt and top for a more relaxed, ethereal look, and even add subtle touches of colour like this soft pink skirt.
- The great thing about wearing separates is that you can re-purpose them and wear them again after your wedding! You could pair the flowing skirt or the tailored trousers with a graphic t-shirt to dress it down for another occasion.
- Add colour with your accessories, like these coral shoes and ribbon worn as a sash, and embrace the botanical vibe by having leaves in your hair or a headpiece inspired by nature.
- MOODBOARD DESIGN: All Things Considered
- Stationery Image: Summer Lane Studio
- Green Tablesetting Image: Gather the Light
- Styling: Rock the Day
- Peach Floral Urn: Moss and Stone Floral Design
- Leaf Hair Accessories Image: Gather the Light
- Styling: Rock the Day
- Wedding Cake: The Bake Pod
- Foliage Urn Image: Rachel Jane Photography
- Styling + Florals by: Corky and Prince
- Cocktail Image: Cambridge Distillery
- Bridal Portrait: Sanyukta Shrestha
- Rings: Harriet Kelsall