Moodboard: Modern Abstract with Pops of Colour
We’re excited to welcome back BLOVED Edit Member Catherine, from All Things Considered to the blog today. Catherine is our eco-wedding champion, helping her couples combine the latest wedding and design trends whilst keeping an eye on the environmental impact. Today, she shares a guest moodboard for a modern, abstract and eco-friendly wedding with bold pops of colour.
“With summer just around the corner, this look brings in some much-needed pops of colour in lovely, zingy shades. The modern abstract style is softer, with gently morphing shapes and terrazzo textures, but one you can have lots of fun with! With a few simple tweaks and careful choice of suppliers, it is easy to make this look as sustainable as it is stylish.”
- Deckle edges and textured paper add a lovely hand-crafted finish to your stationery items. Look for repurposed or recycled paper with a beautiful speckled finish.
- The warm, earthiness of the darker orange in this colour palette is complemented by the bold, cooler shades of arctic blue and flamingo pink.
- Cut-out details and chunky lace will bring an abstract feel to your outfit and create a sculpting, structured look.
- Dried flowers and natural, vegetable dyes allow you to get the vivid pops of colour in your arrangements. They will also look just as beautiful at home on your kitchen table for many years after the wedding!
GET THE LOOK: DECOR
- Choose pieces with unusual, abstract shapes, like these half moon vases from Anna Grace Studio. Less is more here – a few key items will bring the look to life whilst keeping it modern and minimal.
- Bring in touches of abstract patterns and terrazzo designs throughout your stationery, linen and glassware to create depth and the illusion of different textures.
- Sculptural elements on your cake and throughout your flowers will add the wow factor!
GET THE LOOK: FASHION
- If you’re feeling brave go for a wide-spaced lace all over, like the dress above, or choose a broderie-style sleeve for a more relaxed boho feel.
- If lace isn’t your style, create abstract lines with cut-out detailing, separates or different styles of straps like these wide applique straps on the moon dress by ethical designer, Sanyukta Shrestha.
- Have some fun with your accessories and bring in pops of colour with a hair vine and abstract nail art like those above from Plaster Beauty, a vegan nail bar!
- MOODBOARD DESIGN: All Things Considered Events
- Outdoor Lounge Image: Captured by Katrina
- Styling: Luck & Lace
- Floral Design: Branch & Bloom
- Grazing Image: The Curated Kitchen
- Sofa Image: Tatum Reid
- Styling: Hall & Co.
- Floral Design: Constance Rose
- Invite Image: Chloe Ainsley Creative
- Bride Image: IC Photographics
- Headpiece: To Be Adorned
- Florist: Lady Lissy
- Nails Image: Plaster Beauty
- Cake Image: The Vegan Bakes
- Floral Image: Shida Preserved Flowers
- Dress Image: Rita Colson