Party With Us But Keep Your Distance: A COVID-Friendly Wedding
Due to COVID-19, weddings around the world have been limited by strict restrictions. In the Netherlands, weddings are permitted but guests have to abide by social distancing (i.e. maintain a distance of 1.5 metres between individuals). Moniek van Gils Fotografie conceptualised this inspirational socially responsible wedding to show how the new norm of getting married, mid-pandemic, can still be elegant and romantic.
An elegant French-styled theme with a modern, minimalistic look was applied to the shoot. From the spacious and stylish venue, elaborate backdrop and décor to the tasteful outfits, the entire atmosphere exuded elegance. Wereldmuseum, situated in the heart of Rotterdam, showcases the grandeur of a Parisian establishment and offered the perfect location for this shoot. Besides its stunning interiors, the venue was ideal because it is big enough to welcome enough guests even with COVID-19 measures in place.
Wedding Eve Planning & Styling chose subtle décor with rose gold detailing that added a touch of modern luxury.
Willowby Lunella designed a lovely white bridal outfit in sheer net with glitter, while Urmila Singh styled a classic messy hair up-do with soft curls. The bride’s soft, elegant look fit perfectly with the modern chic theme.
The colour palette consisted of blush and soft nude and beige tones. A contrast of white and gold with luxurious rosé golden detailing was prominent in the invitations, stationery and crockery. The floral arrangements and tablespace also used delicate muted tones, on top of which feminine pastel hues and delicate fabrics like satin and linen were used to create a romantic atmosphere.
Flowers and Design
The Bridal Blush combined a range of romantic fresh flowers including white orchids, blush roses, chic dried flowers and pampas grass for the bridal bouquet. Silk and Willow added gorgeous plant-dyed satin and silk ribbons to create an eye-catching yet minimalist backdrop.
Leintjes placed cute, COVID-19 related signs throughout the venue (think “Please party with us but keep your distance”). The exquisite gold foiling on the signs matched the invitations and other décor. Other key details include a thoughtfully personalised ring from Wedding Deco, personal mini-cakes for each guest by Sprinkles Bakery, and the backdrop and corsages (again reinforcing COVID-19 measurements).
- Use a combination of fresh flowers, dried flowers and pampas grass in your bridal bouquet and/or floral arrangements. This adds character to the bouquet and creates a unique décor style.
- Less is more! You can opt for a minimalistic theme and still have an elegant and stylish look by focusing on details or having one stand-out feature.
- Choosing a big, spacious venue when planning a wedding during COVID-19 will allow you and your guests to enjoy themselves whilst feeling socially responsible and safe. Embrace the restrictions by adding some cheeky humour to your signage.
COVID Safety Measures
- 1.5 meters social distance amongst guests from different households
- 4 persons per dinner table (instead of 8)
- Individual wedding cakes for the guests
- Individual dance spots on the dance floor
- Signage provided to remind guests to follow the COVID-19 requirements
- Extra hygiene measurements
Photographer & Concept: Moniek van Gils Fotografie | Planning, Styling & Concept: Wedding Eve Planning & Styling | Venue: Wereldmuseum | Stationery & Signs (easel): Leintjes | Florals & Backdrop: The Bridal Blush | Wedding Cake & Sweets: Sprinkles Bakery | Bridal Outfit & Accessories: La Nova Bruidsmode | Wedding Dress: Willowby Lunella | Shoes: Rachel Simpson | Hair and Make-up: The Bridal Artist/Urmila Singh | Groom Tuxedo: Michael & Giso | Videographer: State of Dreaming Films | DJ Booth: Ambitious | Ring Box: Wedding Deco | Wedding Rings: Circles Trouwringen | Linens & Bridal Bouquet Ribbons: Silk and Willow | Models: Sanna – Pim van Ballegooie