Spring Luxe Contemporary-Classic Wedding at Holbrook Manor
Happy Valentine’s Day Lovelies! This luxe blush pink shoot by Jennifer Jane Photography with Leanna Elizabeth Weddings is the perfect romantic wedding inspiration for today. We love the feminine colour palette and whimsical flowers by Evergreen Floral Design! Here’s the team to tell you all about the details and how to create this look;
Designed for the contemporary-classic bride, this styled shoot is the epitome of femininity. Drawing on the quintessential Holbrook Manor for inspiration, we wanted to create something that was rooted in age-long tradition, whilst having a modern, bright and uncomplicated beauty – just like the manor itself. By incorporating timeless elements within the contemporary design, we were able to achieve just that. Tradition was embedded within the design through the use of heirloom pieces which, when paired with more contemporary elements, helped to create an overall contemporary-classic feel.
THE COLOUR PALETTE
Delicate pastel pinks, paired alongside antique gold’s, worked in harmony together to create a luxury and romantic setting here in the heart of Somerset. The graceful colour palette complemented the neutral tones and delicate features of the house. From ethereal silk ribbons to fine art, calligraphic place cards, these finer details worked together in harmony to bring together the vision that is a modern day fairytale.
I wanted to experiment with different shades of pastels, mostly focusing around pinks and purples but also injecting a little interest into the design with powder blue.Against the whitewashed walls, this colour palette was soft and gentle to the eye. Whilst I am a big lover of pink, it was important not to get carried away and detract from the simplistic and graceful character of the venue. When paired with gold accents, these pastel shades created a more mature, luxurious feel overall.
Evergreen Floral Design created the most elegant and delicate floral arrangements, which truly complemented the styling concept for this shoot. The loosely tied bouquet encapsulated the colour palette for the shoot beautifully, featuring blush pink roses, lilac clematis and pastel blue forget me not’s. Antique brass vases housed delicate floral arrangements, with single stems being placed elegantly in individual vases. The grand mantle held a slightly more contemporary floral arrangement. Working to highlight the beautiful features of the venue, the florals complemented them without detracting the focus away.
THREE TIPS TO CREATE THIS LOOK
- Gold – the use of gold accents really helped to lift the overall look so to create a sense of luxury. From the golden leaves on the cake, to the opulent gold flatware,these metallic touches helped to inject richness to the overall design.
- Elegance – Elegance, grace and femininity were at the very heart of this concept, driving the colour scheme and dress choices. By sticking to two of three pastel shades, this was enough to create an interesting and feminine look, whilst upholding the delicacy and gracefulness of the shoot.
- Old and New– Just like the manor itself, I wanted to ensure that the design was rooted in tradition and that it would remain timeless. By mixing contemporary elements with more traditional ones, we were able to create a design that was contemporary yet classic.
- Photography: Jennifer Jane Photography
- Creative Director and Stylist: Leanna Elizabeth Weddings
- Venue: Holbrook Manor
- Florist: Evergreen Floral Design
- Stationery: Vintage Fleur Designs
- Bridal Boutique: Carina Baverstock Couture
- Choes: Harriet Wilde
- Jewellery: Sarah Gauci
- Hair Accessories: The Lucky Sixpence
- Cake: Edible Essence
- Ribbons: Heirloom Silk
- Linens: 88 Events
- Makeup and Hair: Maria Lucas
- Model: Rachel Harvey