A Venue Tour of Stylish Thicket Priory in York!
Hi Lovelies! Today we are so excited to take you on a photographic tour of one of our favourite wedding venues and BLOVED Edit Member, Thicket Priory! Set in in the beautiful countryside of North Yorkshire, Thicket Priory is a fairy tale setting with a stylish modern edge! As a Grade II-listed Victorian gem it has oodles of elegant features and it’s magnificent restoration provides decadent spaces with modern, light and dreamy aesthetic which we adore!
The romantic country house is set within 18 acres of idyllic grounds, and so it is perfect for weddings of any season and also a variety of styles. Lovers of the refined Fine Art wedding style to Couples who are looking to create an intimate garden wedding in the Summertime, will love Thicket Priory. Elsie Love Photography captured this beautiful tour for us to share, and below the friendly team and Thicket Priory tell us more about the details of this fab venue…
Tell us about the style and aesthetic of Thicket Priory
“The Priory is quintessentially a home. Guests are instantly made to feel like that visiting a home-from-home, ensuring that guests find it very easy to relax whilst they are here. Every corner of the building has been thought through, from colours to furnishing, to music and lighting.”
What are the different spaces and options for ceremonies at Thicket Priory?
“We have a number of options:
- Civil Ceremony, legally binding, in the Morning Room which would be booked via Selby Registrars, holding up to 180 guests.
- The Bandstand (license pending for 2020) holding….as many as you wish as it is outdoors. Chair hire is the responsibility of the couple.
- The Chapel, Independent Celebrant lead ceremonies only, not legally binding. Holds up to 120.
- The Jefferson Room, used for legal signing following a celebrant lead ceremony. Holds up to 20.”
What are the stand out features of Thicket Priory?
“35 bedrooms under one roof so you can house up to 70 of your guests in the same place as you…and what’s more it is completely yours! Totally privacy from anyone else! Bliss!”
What are the rooms like for the Bride getting ready in?
“The bedrooms are all en suite and not only do we have the most divine Bridal Suite, we also have a Groom’s Room! The Bridal Suite has tonnes of natural light flooding in, with mirrors galore and a vanity table with a mirror for hair and a mirror for make-up, the perfect place for a bride and her entourage to get ready. We have a wall mounted hook for the dress and plenty of space to sit around with a glass of bubbles!”
Visit thicketpriory.co.uk to make an appointment to view beautiful Thicket Priory
- Photography: Elsie Love Photography
- Venue: Thicket Priory
- Flowers: Fleur Adamo
- and: Wedding Blossoms York
- Venue Styling: Ambience York
- Catering – Dining by Matthew Hyde: Baba Ganoush
- Biscuits: LS Cakery
- Hampers: Field & Fawcett
- Crockery + Cutlery: White House Crockery
- Specialist Gin Master Class: Sloe Motion UK
- Face painting: Wow Face & Body Art UK