Vibrant South African Wedding Inspiration
We’re swooning over this vibrant wedding styled shoot by Astrid Bradley Photography and Pretty Different Events in South Africa! With a statement colour palette of burnt oranges, yellow ochre and copper and creative details such as an installation of floral hoops above the table and geometric shapes! This shoot is sure to inspire your creativity and those wanting something stylish and unique and here are their expert tips to achieve a similar look for your own wedding:
- Concrete textures complimented with metallic copper tones is a perfect combination of materials to give your table a modern look using industrial elements.
- Choose a bold, daring colour for your wedding. Rich, warm tones like shades of yellows and oranges is a rarely used colour scheme in the wedding industry, and is sure to make your wedding stand from the rest. It will also bring in a hint of warmth to an autumn/winter setting.
- Bring in a pop of a complimentary colour to the tables with stained glass votives and vases
- Lounge pockets are a perfect way to break up a formal sit-down reception space and it creates a social, relaxed environment for the guests to socialise. Place a couch and an ottoman or two in a cosy area in the reception venue to create an element of comfort. A decorative rug and some trendy coffee tables will make your guests feel right at home.
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match floral types. Deep oranges or dried flowers complimented with soft, light blossoms come together to create a beautiful combination for the off-beat bride.
- Geometric shapes are in and are here to stay. Bring in geometric features through décor items and the wedding stationery for a modern, clean-line look. Rose gold, hexagonal candle holders were a favourite for this tablescape.
- Add a wow-factor to the main table with large, suspended hoops draped in foliage to create striking wreaths. Blend them in with the colour scheme by spray-painting areas with a metallic paint to match the rest of the decor.
- Photography: Astrid Bradley Photography
- Planner: Pretty Different Events
- Floral Design: Dinique Emporium
- Hair + Makeup: Makeup by Almari
- Stationery: Fleur Design Studio
- Venue: The Atelier at Ex Nihilo Wedding and Function Venue
- Decor: Grand Room Design
- Dress: Blackeyed Susan
- Model: Daisy May, ICE Genetics Cape Town