32 Wedding Flats To Suit Every Style
Glamorous high heels have become a standard for brides on their big day but even the most poised women struggle to wear their stilettos for hours on end. It’s likely you’ve already considered a pair of flats to change into after the ceremony, so why not go all the way and pick a pair of wedding flats for the entire day?
Wedding flats have increased in popularity over the years and designers have kept up with the trend. They can be equally, if not more, stylish than heels and you’ll be comfortable from the moment you walk down the aisle until you take them off after dancing the night away.
They are also easy to style, with multiple bridal ensembles looking even better with wedding flats than they do with heels. A white wedding gown can be elevated with a stand-out pop of colour or a tailored wedding suit could be softened with a feminine touch. Bridal separates also work perfectly with flats and can be styled in multiple unique ways.
There is also a wedding flat design for everyone. For the woman who loves a lot of glitter, there are pumps embellished from top to bottom. If you prefer to kick back a little, there are customised sneakers to lace up before the ‘I do’s’ (see B.LOVED’s rustic French wedding in sneakers). Summer weddings can be made cooler with a sophisticated pair of sandals while a wintery wedding calls the fluffiest of mule slippers.
For inspiration and to see just how much variety there is when it comes to the perfect pair of wedding flats, take a look through these incredible wedding day perfect shoes:
1. Emmy Florence Flat Ivory: An accent bow is a great attention grabber for the bride who doesn’t like too much bling. This feminine flat combines a classic matt white with an incredible satin statement bow for making an entrance in comfort.
2. Bella Belle Willow Flats: A twist on the glass slipper, these ivory flats provide a gorgeous peep of shine from under a long dress or stand out when paired with a shorter hemline. The whimsical design of the teardrop rhinestones work well for a more ethereal style.
3. Charlotte Mills Glitter Flats: Carry your heart on your heel with these flats featuring heart detailing on the back which extends seamlessly into a sophisticated cross over ankle strap. The subtle overall glitter will add that touch of shimmer as you make your way across the dancefloor.
4. Jimmy Choo Bailey Flats: These flats are all about glamour. Covered in crystals and pearls they are sure to add a fantastic amount of sparkle to your wedding day outfit. The strap detail is a great addition as will make sure your shoes stay on your feet no matter how long you dance for.
5. Rachel Simpson Sapphire Flats: These asymmetric glitter flats stray from the standard ballerina for the bride looking for something timeless but unique. The rose gold glitter compliments the gold leather without either overwhelming or overshadowing each other.
6. Badgley Mishka Gabi Flats: You won’t get closer to a barely there flat than these exceptional crystal flats. The see through design makes it appear as though you have naturally occuring sparkle on your skin, talk about glowing on your big day.
7. Emmy Carrie Flats: Swaroski crystal and silver seed beading are hand stitched into the most intricate of designs on these ivory pumps providing the glamour only provided by such impressive craftsmanship. The diminutive rounded toe can make any woman feel dainty and delicate in these.
8. Bella Belle Fiona Lace Flats: The detail on these flats is as exquisite as it is subtle. The baby blue embroidered leaves add that special ‘something blue’ to your ensemble, while the pearl flower beads add a touch of old-school romance.
9. Sadira Champagne Mesh Flats: These incredibly ornate flats show off a bold sense of style. The crystal hummingbird embellishment is a unique feature sure to make you stand out, while the small peep toe provides a timeless touch.
10. Alexandre Birman Clarita Flats: A summer wedding calls for a sandal flat and these simple yet modern flats come in both white and nude. The unique strap around the ankle ties into the perfect Clarita knot adding an extra element to the overall look.
11. Jimmy Choo Modell Flats: For the bride who doesn’t want white, these shoes offer not only a burst of colour glitter but also glow in the dark. Bring life to your wedding day outfit with these flats that embody the meaning of fun.
12. Christian Louboutin Follies Strass Flats: Offering a nude take on the barely there flat, these shoes mold perfectly with your skin while the crystals cluster around the toe to perfectly catch the light. The classic red bottom is also a standard out feature that will contrast perfectly with any gown.
13. Alameda Turquesa Ice Ice Baby Flats: These flats are designed to make a statement for the bride who loves to speak through her accessories. A classic white slide is transformed with a swirl of embellishments that you’re unlikely to find anywhere else.
14. Bella Belle Lavendar Flats with Bow: These flats are for the vintage bride. A nod to the mid-1900s the hand-embroidered white flowers add a touch of femininity which is accentuated by the classic silk bow.
15. Miu Miu Glitter Mules: Feel like French royalty in these extravagant flats. The glitter’s shine is further enhanced by the teardrop embellishments which seem as though they are cascading from the top of the shoe. An ideal for an eye-catching addition.
16. Jimmy Choo Romy Flats: If you’re not wanting to go too flashy but can’t bear a plain pair of pumps either, this pair strikes the perfect balance. The glitter adds a touch of excitement to a simple style, without overwhelming the shoe or your dress.
17. Aeyde MOA Flats: A truly modern minimalist pair of flats. The high cut collar of the shoe is unlike most flats and the clean, sophisticated design works to compliment rather than overwhelm.
18. Loewe Soft Derby Anagram Flats: These derby flats are perfect for the bride who wants to wear a more closed shoe that is still quite formal. The anagram embellishment covers the laces while also providing some much-loved bling to the crisp white patent calf.
19. Christian Louboutin Galativi Flats: These minimalist flats speak to a timeless elegance and can be paired with any number of wedding outfit styles. The mesh cut-out provides an interesting twist for this classic look.
20. Aquazurra Foxy Flats: For a colder wedding day,these flats provide ultimate comfort and warmth. The soles are lined with luxurious shearling so you feel like you’re walking on a cloud and the pom pom is a playful detail which speaks to the wintery feel.
21. Nicholas Kirkwood BEYA Flats: This modern update to the mule shimmers as you walk. The bottalato leather metallic gold upper is perfectly accented by the faceted heel finishes and sharp pointed toe completing a gold adorned look.
22. Jeffrey Campbell Amaryl-JV: If you’re not afraid of bling, these sandals are an alternate twist on a summer wedding favourite. Appear almost barefoot with your feet adorned with jewels, taking your shoes from practical to jewelry accessory.
23. Manolo Blahnik Hangisi Flats: This timeless pair of flats are admired the world over. The soft ivory almond toe design is contrasted by the salt and pepper crystal buckle, giving your complete outfit a surprise element.
24. Rainbow Club Dolce Flats: These refined flats were designed with brides in mind. Lightweight so you don’t even notice they’re on your feet and with a brilliant yet subtle broach these pumps add a touch of class.
25. Malone Souliers Maisie Flats: These understated flats combine what is loved most about a mule, it’s slip on style, with practicality from the added strap. The straps braided detail adds texture and a neutral colour to compliment the cream leather.
26. Jeffrey Campbell Zendaya: A sandal with a pump toe spin, these flats are perfect for all seasons. The snowflake-like crystal embellishment is the perfect addition to take these silver flats to a wedding ready level.
27. Aquazzura Moondust Flats: A strappy sandal doesn’t have to be reserved for heels. These open toe flats bring a pop of glamour with their crystal criss crossing straps and metallic heels.
28. Soludos Ciao Bella Smoking Slipper: These flats are for the beach babe. A comfortable casual wear in addition to even a formal dress is always an exciting contrast. The dusty rose is a complimentary colour to the standard wedding palette and the soft fabrics will make sure you’re comfortable all day.
29. Asos Design Lanie Embellished Bow Ballets: These pink ballet flats stray from the standard monochrome path, combining the blush coloured stain with a fully jewel embellished bow. This is a statement show which provides glamour without the big price tag.
30. KEDS x Kate Spade Champion Glitter: The combination of casual streetwear and glitter will always work for a bride with a laid-back flare. The satin laces heighten the shoes for the occasion while the glitter will glint as you step down the aisle.
31. Valentino Rockstud Ballet Flats: These flats provide a slight edge not found in most bridal wear. The platinum finish studs stand out against the ivory patent leather, bringing a new and surprising element to the wedding day look.
For even more ideas on wedding day flats, why not get some celebrity inspiration with these 6 celebrities who chose to get married in flats. If that still isn’t inspiration enough, have a scroll through B.LOVED’s wedding shoe pinterest board.